Me: Hi DaD
Dad: Hey just callin' to..
Me: Yes, I know mom's birthday is in a couple of days.
Dad: Ok, just calling to remind you.
Me: Thanks Dad
I know everyone thinks their mom is the best, but it really didn't take until I became a mom to realize how much my mom sacrificed while I was growing up.
Top Reasons I Admire My Mother:
1. She married an American man when marrying outside your race was REALLY not accepted.
2. She left everything she knew in Korea with 2 kids under the age of 5, one with severe special needs, and started a new life with my dad in the States.
3. She studied and became a U.S. citizen
4. She managed daily life in a foreign country, speaking a foreign language while my dad was off doing military duties.
5. Most of all though, for 24 years she took care of my brother with multiple special needs with her whole heart without complaint. She gave him the best life while he was here with us and it is only because of her and my dad that he lived as long as he did.
My mom epitomizes actions speak louder than words. I watched her always carry herself with grace and that is how I try to carry myself. She is the one that told me not to judge others...you don't know what they may be going through in their lives, so it's not my place to throw stones.
I could go on and on about why I think my mom is amazing, but I tend to get all emotional, so I'll stop here. Happy birthday mom!! You have and always will mean the world to me.